Librarian : Ms. Karnika Gaur
The college has a well-stocked library. The library has a collection of over 84,970 books including Book Bank and Student Aided Fund books on different disciplines that students may issue to help them excel in their field of study. The Library users have been able to enlighten themselves by going through the newly added books. At present library is subscribing 87 magazines/journals and 14 newspapers in English and Hindi languages on different areas of interest for its readers.
The library with its open rack system, web centre and spacious reading room for consultation purposes provides an atmosphere conducive to study. A competent and friendly library staff guides and counsels the students regarding books and the library facilities. Students are encouraged to become regular and responsible users of the library. Photostat facility has been provided in the library, which is equally accessible to both teachers and students. Web centre is available for accessing E-resources available through DULS (Delhi University Library System), N-LIST and DELNET (Developing Library Network) for the students and faculty members. The students can access N-LIST and DELNET through remote login access also.
Under the Green initiative, library procures recycled material in lieu of library waster paper. Facility of E books to Print Disabled student is provided through DU Braille library and two screen reading software i.e. NVDA and Hindi OCR are available in library.
- All bonafide students, faculty and staff members of the college are enrolled as members of the library.
CATEGORY NUMBER OF BOOKS PERIOD OF LOAN
One Academic SessionFour Months (Or as per tenure)
Non – Teaching Staff 10 One Academic Session Post Graduate Students 6 7 days Undergraduate Students (Hons Course) 4+1* 7 days Undergraduate Students (Pass Course) 2+1* 7 days
Note * books from overnight section
On Library Card an overdue charge of Rs 1/- per day per volume will be charged for late return of books. On Membership Card an overdue charge of Rs 2/- per day per volume will be charged for late return of books
After that the card will be punched; if a card is punched twice then no book will be issued for the one academic year.
- Rules and Regulation
- Members should observe strict silence inside the Library.
- Use of Mobile phones is not permitted inside the Library premises.
- Members are not allowed to smoke, or carry eatables/drinks inside the Library premises.
- The members are instructed to carry their College ID cards on daily basis inside the library, and they have to produce it whenever asked by the library staff.
- Member are not allowed to bring their Bags ((laptop, shoulder, sling), personal belongings; books borrowed from other libraries or any other printed matter must not be brought inside the library. These must be kept at the property counter of the library against a token; if they are carried inside the library, they will be confiscated and treated as library property.
- Members are advised not to keep money, mobile phones or any other valuable goods at the property counter.
- Library does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property left on its premises.
- While leaving the library, members are required to show their files, file covers, books etc. to the Library Staff on duty at the check – point. Members should enter their roll number and name in the gate register and sign in the same before entering the library.
- In case the property counter token is lost, the deposited article may be claimed with proper identification after producing a written request.
- Marking, scratching, damaging, mutilating, stealing, library materials or property will invite disciplinary action against the defaulters.
- Members should leave the books on the reading table after consulting.
- Members should not talk or discuss as they may disturb other readers. Reading halls are meant for individual study and research only.
- Members should not rest or keep their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, etc.
- Violation of library rules or misconduct by a member may invite discontinuation of the library privileges.
- Periodicals, Reference books will not be issued and may be consulted only in the library.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- Library cards are not transferable. The Members is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- The members can’t be issued more than one book of same kind at a time.
- Members are requested to check the condition of the book before getting issued. Any damage found in the books taken out for reading or borrowing should be brought to the notice of the staff on duty before getting issued, otherwise reader will be held responsible for any damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return the books.
- Borrowed books are not permitted to be taken inside the library unless they are to be returned.
- Books borrowed should be returned in good condition and before the due date, failing which, fine will be levied as per the rules of the library.
- The members who are enrolled as member in other libraries on the recommendation of the college library are required to get the clearance from the concerned library before the final examination of University of Delhi.
- Loss of any borrowed book must be reported immediately to the Librarian/Library Staff. The member must replace the lost book / pay the cost of the lost book as per the rules of library committee.
- In case of loss of any library ticket, immediately inform in writing to the library staff. After checking and depositing requisite fee, the replaced library tickets will be issued.
- Disturbing arrangement of books on stacks, misplacing books and misusing the library is punishable offence.
- The infringement of the library rules shall make the student forfeit the privileges of membership of the library, in addition to the action taken as per the disciplinary rules of the college.
- Members are advised to handle the books/ Journal very carefully; marking with pencil; writing or highlighting, tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case member shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue.
- Outsiders should have prior permission from the principal to enter or use the college library.
- Library Working Hours
Monday to Friday - 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Saturday - 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m
9.00 am – 3.00 pm
9.00 am – 1.00 pm Overnight Section*
11.00 am - 4.00 pm
Upto 1.00 pm
(Library will remain closed on all Sundays and Gazetted Holidays)
- Library Services
CIRCULATION SERVICE/ISSUE-RETURN SERVICE. The library provides lending of books and allied reading material to students and staff members.
BOOK LOCATION SERVICES: It is to help users in locating and getting their desired books and other reading material in the library.
REFERENCE SERVICE. It is to assist users in getting their required information. Library has a separate reference collection consisting of Encyclopaedias, Dictionaries, Who's Who, Atlases, Maps, Year Book etc. The staff also assist in Use of Information Resources and services, OPAC Search, Access of E resource, Journals etc.
CURRENT AWARENESS SERVICE: This service is named as
New Arrival Display Service: Every fortnight selected books newly added to the library are displayed on the New Arrivals Display before they are released for loan. In addition to this, the jackets of some of the selected books are displayed prominently on a bulletin board near the entrance. The purpose is to bring the newly added books to the notice of users.
Journal Content Alert Service: The Journal content page are scanned and sent to the faculty members.
SERVICE FOR THE PWD STUDENTS.
The library has 02 system enabled with screen reading software i.e. NVDA dedicated for PWD students.
REPROGRAPHIC SERVICE: Xeroxing of few pages of booksfor academic purpose, articles, research papers from journals are also available subject to copyright act. This service is for staff members and students of the College only.
OPEN ACCESS: The members have the privilege of open access to the bookshelves and freedom to browse the books, journals and other reading material during the Library Working Hours
OPAC (ONLINE PUBLIC ACCESS CATALOGUE)SERVICE
OPAC provides information about the library collection. Users can search for an item of their choice in library holdings by Title, Author, Subject, Keyword etc. 02 OPAC terminals are available in the library in the stack area and 02 OPAC terminal in the reading room.
In the library web centre Eight Computer have been placed for users for accessing Internet,DULS E-Journals, E Books, NLIST, DELNET etc. The electronic service is of two types
Library users can access e-Journals and e-books in the Library which are subscribed by the Delhi University Library system through Delhi-University-Wide- Network.
Library users can access e-Journals and e-books in the Library as well as elsewhere outside the Library through N-LIST programme and DELNET Services
INTERLIBRARY LOAN SERVICE
User can get books, e articles etc on Inter library Loan through DELNET service. The library has DELNET membership.
USERS AWARENESS PROGRAM
The Library provides orientation of library resources and services Course Wise at the beginning of the new session every year.
E Resources @DULS
- A-Z list of e-journals: http://crl.du.ac.in/atozn/
- UGC- INFONET Digital Library Consortium: http://crl.du.ac.in/Infonetresources.htm
- Alphabetical list of e-resources and online databases: http://crl.du.ac.in/sub.database/SUBS.E-RESOURCE.htm
- DIGITAL LIBRARY-(SOL)
- ICT INITIATIVES OF MHRD
- SPOKEN TUTORIAL
- E-PUSTAKDWAR (SOL)
- SUGAMAYA PUSTAKALAYA
MAGAZINES/JOURNALS IN OPEN ACCESS
विज्ञान प्रगति (VIGYAN PRAGATI) :
DU E JOURNALS
ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL WEEKLY
- UGC Care List https://ugccare.unipune.ac.in/apps1/home/index
- UGC (Promotion of Academic Integrity and Prevention of Plagiarism in Higher Educational Institutions) Regulations, 2018 https://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/7771545_academic-integrity-Regulation2018.pdf
- Library Team
MS KARNIKA GAUR
Ms Parool Bhatti
Professional Assistant (on contract)
Semi Professional Assistant
Ms Neha Gupta
Semi Professional Assistant (on contract)
Mr Rahul Shorya
Semi Professional Assistant (on contract)
Mr Sarvesh Tiwari
Ms Mohinder Kaur
M.T.S. Library (on Contract)
M.T.S. Library (on Contract)
M.T.S. Library. (on Contract)
M.T.S. Library. (on Contract)
- Webinar/ Awareness Programmes
1. Webinar was organized on the topic “Search, Research and Publication Ethics”,on 4th May ’20. The speaker was Prof Ramesh C Gaur, Director (Library & Information in HAG Pay Scale) & Head, Kalanidhi Division Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts (IGNCA).
2. Webinar for Academic Staff/Students/Parents & Non Academic Staff on “SKILL DEVELOPMENT AND TIME MANAGEMENT DURING OUTBREAK OF COVID-19” was organized by IQAC, Students’ Union and Library, Kalindi College on 12th May ’20. The Speaker was Ms. SHALU SHARMA, Founder and Director, CNH-Business Consultants Pvt Ltd
3. Webinar on "Leave rules and procedures for University and College Employees" organized by IQAC, Staff Association and Library, Kalindi College, University of Delhi on 17th June 2020. The speaker was Dr Bhuwan Jha Assistant Professor, Satyawati College, University of Delhi.
4. Webinar on “Awareness Program on National Digital Library of India (NDLI)” in association with National Digital Library of India, Under Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India. & Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur was organised on 4th August’ 20. The speaker will be Dr. Vignesh Sornamohan, Chief Strategic and Outreach Officer, National Digital Library of India, IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal https://www.youtube.com/watch?