All the Students are required to abide by the following rules: -
- Ragging is a punishable offence and totally prohibited in the college premises.
- Bring Identity Card every day.
- Read Notice Board regularly.
- Attendance in Sports/NCC/NSS is also compulsory.
- Do not roam/shout in the corridors and disturb the other classes.
- Do not sit on the steps. Use student’s common room.
- It is mandatory to attend all the functions of the college.
- It is essential to join cultural clubs with active participation.
- Do not use the mobile phones in the class.
- Use college property with care and do not disturb the arrangement of furniture in the class rooms.
- Do not deface the Walls.
- Turn off the taps after use. Report to the authorities if any tap/fan/electrical point is not working.
- Keep the college premises clean including canteen. Use dustbins.
- Do not use objectionable abusive and impertinent language in the College premises. Do not involve in hostile arguments and physical fight with anyone in the College. Any Students found guilty will be liable to disciplinary action.
- Circulation of objectionable material/ Photos/MMS is a punishable offence.
- Report any untoward incident to the authorities.
- Students shall maintain perfect silence in class rooms and desist from demonstrations or disorderly behaviour. They must not loiter in the corridors or in front of class rooms and must keep as quiet as possible at all times. During their free periods, students should work quietly either in the Library or Reading Room, or spend time in the Students Common Room without causing any disturbance.
- No Society can be formed in the College nor shall any person be invited to address a meeting in the College without the prior permission of the Principal.
- Students are responsible for their conduct to the Principal and are prohibited from doing anything, either inside or outside the College that will amount to a breach of discipline or interference in the College. A student will be liable to disciplinary action for violation of any of the rules of discipline. Disciplinary action may involve warning, and/or fine, and/or suspension from use of the College library or even from the College as such, or any such action as provided for in Ordinance XV(B) and XV(C) of the Rules of Discipline of the University of Delhi.
Article 354 A (Against Sexual Harassment)
As per Article 354 A (against Sexual Harassment), “Sexual Harassment of the nature of unwelcome physical contact and advances or a demand or request for Sexual favours, showing pornography” is punishable with imprisonment which may extend to 3 years or with fine or with both. This offence is a cognizable offence and Police is duty bound to register an FIR after receiving the complaint.
Article 354 C (Against Voyeurism)
As per Article 354 C (against Voyeurism), “Any man who watches, or captures the image of a woman engaging in a private act in circumstances where she would usually have the expectation of not being observed either by the perpetrator or by any other person at the behest of the perpetrator or disseminates such image shall be punished on first conviction with imprisonment of either description for a term which shall not be less than one year, but which may extend to three years, and shall also be liable to fine, and be punished on a second or subsequent conviction, with imprisonment of either description or a term which shall not be less than three years, but which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine. This offence is a cognizable offence and Police is duty bound to register an FIR after receiving the complaint.
Article 354 D (Against Stalking)
As per Article 354 D (against Stalking),
- Any man who-
Follows a woman and contacts, or attempts to contact such woman to foster personal interaction repeatedly despite a clear indication of disinterest by such woman; or
Monitors the use by woman of the internet, email or any other form of electronic communication, commits the offence of stalking.
- Whoever commits the offence of staling shall be punished on first conviction with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, and shall also to fine; and be punished on a second or subsequent conviction, with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to five years, and shall also be liable to fine. This offence is a cognizable offence and Police is duty bound to register an FIR after receiving the complaint.
Ordinance XV D : Sexual Harassment
The Ordinance XV D pertains to a policy framed by University of Delhi against Sexual Harassment through this ordinance. University of Delhi seeks to maintain and create an academic and work environment, free of sexual harassment for its students, academic and non-teaching staff. The ordinance XV-D is also applicable to the unlawful acts carried out by outsiders on the Delhi University Campus.
The Actions prescribed under this ordinance are:
In the case of University/ college employees, disciplinary action may be in the form of : i) Warning, ii) Written apology, iii) Bond of good behaviour, iv)Adverse remarks in the Confidential Report, v)Debarring from supervisory duties, vi) Denial of membership of statutory bodies, vii) Denial of re-employment, viii) Stopping of increments/ promotion, ix) Reverting, demotion, x) Suspension, xi) Dismissal, xii) Any other relevant mechanism.
- In case of students, disciplinary action may be in the form of: i) Warning, ii) Written apology, iii) Bond of good behaviour, iv)Debarring entry into a hostel/ campus, v) Suspension for a specified period of time, vi)Withholding results, vii) Debarring from exams, viii) Debarring from contesting elections, ix) Debarring from holding posts, x)Expulsion, xi) Denial of admission, xii) Declaring the harasser as “persona non grata” for a stipulated period of time, xiii) Any other relevant mechanism.
- In the case of third party harassment, the University/ college authorities shall initiate action by making a complaint with the appropriate authority.