The Placement Cell of Kalindi College, ‘Kryptus’ came into existence in September 2017. Currently, the team consists of 16 student members who work incessantly to deliver the best to fellow students. The induction of the student council was to have representation of students in the placement cell to better understand their needs and to smooth the channels of communication and information dissemination. As has always been, the foremost focus of the Placement Cell is to provide the undergraduate students of the college with opportunities to intern and get placed in reputed organizations in the private sector, be it MNCs or the NGOs.
A related challenge is to equip students with the skills to face the process of screening and selection used by potential employers. Based upon feedback sought from employing agencies during placement drives and realizing the need to bridge the existing skill gap between students’ potential and employers’ expectation, the Placement Cell came up with the idea of commencing a ‘Soft Skill Development Club’ this year to provide guidance to the students and help them understand better about the requirement of the companies. A host of activities were conducted by the Placement Cell in collaboration with the Soft Skill Development Club over the year 2019-20.
- In August 2019, a new year of Placement cell began with an orientation program for the students, especially the first year students, to acquaint them with the professional world which is full of plethora of opportunities. The cell got an overwhelming response as more than 100 students enthusiastically participated in the same.
- Every year Team Kryptus aims to provide a better experience to the students. To give them a glimpse about the same, the Cell, in association with the T.I.M.E. Institute, organized a Workshop on ‘How to build your Vocabulary’ on August 28, 2019. The workshop saw the participation of approximately 50 students who were equipped with a lot of new words or vocabulary by the time the session got over. This workshop helped the students to understand how vocabulary plays an important role in competitive exams, corporate world and life in general.
- On September 4, 2019, a workshop on ‘How to do well in Group Discussion’ was organized in association with the T.I.M.E. Institute to acquaint the students about correct initiation of a discussion and related etiquettes. The session was attended by about 35 students from various courses.
- On September 18, 2019, a Resume Building workshop was organized for the students where Mr. Sunil Dua from T.I.M.E. Institute helped them understand about the basic constituents of a good resume.
- On September 25, 2019, Mr. Ritesh Jain, Director, Centre for Career Development, New Delhi guided the students regarding availability of educational and placement opportunities abroad in varied fields. He helped students to understand about profile requirements by Universities abroad and the process of application.
- On October 23, 2019, renowned corporate trainer and winner of ‘Shri Baljit Shastri Award’ Mr. Akshay Agarwal conducted a full day session on ‘Campus to Corporate’ for the students to guide them about requirements for a successful corporate career.
- On November 6, 2019, Mr. Anand Mohan Dey, faculty from T.I.M.E. Institute equipped the students with ways of ‘How to do well in Public Speaking’. Around 35 students attended the session. The session concluded with a group discussion among students on the topic ‘Communal Harmony and National Integration’.
- On February 3, 2020, Ms. Philomena Joseph from St. Xavier’s College, Bangalore delivered a session on ‘Corporate Work Culture and Requirement of Management Education in Nation Building’.
- On February 5, 2020, a seminar on Financial Modeling and Business Analytics was conducted by Mr. Amit Jugia from IMS Pro-School to help students understand about the future prospects in the field of analytics. This session eventually led to commencement of a 30-hours duration value-added course on Data Analytics by the Department of Economics from February 15, 2020.
- On February 13, 2020, a Career Alignment Test for the third year students was conducted by UPES Dehradun. This test is an advanced tool and evaluates students on 5 Dimensions- Style, Interest, Personality, Aptitude and Emotional Quotient. It helps students to identify their strengths & weaknesses through detailed personalized reports & improve their careers with development plans.
- On February 14, 2020, a Creative Career Conclave was organized in association with Pearl Academy where a panel of experts was invited to discuss and guide students about career opportunities in Media, Designing and Photography. This was followed by a field visit for interested students to the Pearl Academy School of Design and Media Communication at Rajouri Garden and Nariana under the programme ‘Day at Pearl’ on February 19, 2020.
- On February 15, 2020, a session on personality development was conducted by Mr. Aadarsh Kumar Singh.
- Mr. Akshay Agarwal helped the students understand nuances of corporate e-mail writing through a full-day workshop on February 17, 2020.
- On February 20, 2020, Mr. Vaibhav Singh Rathore conducted a workshop on ‘Entrepreneurship, Corporate and Career’, thus helping the students in establishing the link between the three elements.
- On February 24, 2020, Mr. Daksh Sethi, Founder, Guby Rogers, conducted a session on Mock Interview and Group Discussion with the students.
- On March 4, 2020, a seminar on Future prospects of Energy Economics was conducted in collaboration with the Department of Economics by Prof. Prasoom Dwivedi from University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun.
- On May 4, 2020, in keeping with the challenges of lockdown owing to COVID-19, Kryptus initiated a webinar by Mr. Amit Poddar on Mock Personal Interview in association with T.I.M.E.
Internship and Placement Drives
- On November 11, 2019, a Campus Internship Drive was conducted by Chegg India, which is a premier Educational Services Company. The organization provided the profile of Managed Network Expert (Subject Matter Expert). The organization hired several students for the profile mentioned above who successfully served the organization during their tenure.
- Keeping in mind the importance of Internships, the Placement Cell provided the opportunity to students to appear in the online test of ‘The Financial Doctors’, who are Financial Technical Analysts in Futures Markets. Several students appeared for the online internship test, out of which, 2 students succeeded in grabbing the internship opportunity.
- TalentFore is another organization that provided the profile of ‘Sales Interns’, a work from home opportunity for the students. A total of 10 students appeared for the Interview with the company. The selection was screened down to a single candidate who was able to get a position in the organization.
- There are a lot of profiles that the companies usually hire interns in. As a result, it becomes necessary that the students also know about the different kinds of profiles and their functioning. On December 21, 2019, Kryptus used the opportunity that was provided by ‘The Sarjas’ and extended the Internship opportunity to the students of all the years. The organization provided the profiles of Campus Ambassador, Social Media Admin, Team Manager, Graphic Designer, Content Writer, Content Creator, Photographer, HR and Videographer. The interested candidates were asked to send their Resume to the organization for further screening and selection procedure.
- In order to avail more opportunities to its students, the Placement Cell of Kalindi College tied up with the Placement Cell of Rajdhani College and extended the Placement Opportunity of ‘Lido Learning’ and ‘S&P Global’. Lido Learning provided the Job profile of EdTech Sales, while S&P Global was interested in hiring Data Researchers for Placement.
- On January 22, 2020, TATA Power DDL conducted an Online Test witth the campus for the position of ‘Assistant Trainee Officer’. A total of 5 students appeared for the test.
- On 02 February, 2020 campus placement drive was conducted by VectoScalar technologies for the profile of Software Engineers. 40 students actively participated and 2 students got placed in the organization.
- On February 11, 2020, GMR Aviation Academy conducted a pre-placement talk followed by a written test for placement for various roles in the aviation industry.
- Besides, information regarding placement drives conducted by the Central Placement Cell, University of Delhi are also shared with the students.
- In addition, information about internship and placement drives in other DU colleges is also disseminated among the students.
WORKEX 2020- Breakthrough to Excellence
On March 2, 2020, Kryptus organized its 3rd Annual Inter-college Internship and Job Fair ‘WORKEX 2020- Breakthrough to Excellence’. This year it was an amalgamation of VAARTA- the Speakers' Conclave, Alumni Felicitation and Annual Internship and Job fair.
Lieutenant General (Retd.) Satish Dua graced the occasion as the Chief Guest of WORKEX 2020. He has served as Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC) of the Indian Armed Forces. A counter terrorist specialist, he was one of the minds behind the surgical strikes. He motivated the students to think out of the box and to excel in their respective fields.
For VAARTA- the Speakers' Conclave, the guest speakers included young dynamic new generation entrepreneurs: Mr. Daksh Sethi, a motivational speaker and founder of Guby Rogers shared with students the secrets of making a successful career; Mr. Akshay Agarwal, a life coach and founder of Psychology Solutions emphasized the importance of emotional intelligence; Mr Sunny Garg, a 22 year old young entrepreneur shared with the students his experience of starting his business during his college days. He is the the co-founder and CEO of Your Shell and is acclaimed to be the youngest CEO to raise funds through StandUp India Scheme of Government of India. He has also been a TEDx speaker.
At alumni felicitation, the glorious alumni of the college engaged in the corporate sector were presented with a token of appreciation by the Chief Guest and the principal.
Lastly, over 200 students from all over DU participated in the Annual Internship and Job Fair. More than 25 companies participated in the drive to hire students. To name a few of the participating companies, there were Outbooks, AD2Click Media, Young Engine, Unnati, Sirona, Kind Beings, IIFM Ltd, DU Express, Book My PG, Recruiting India, Prakhar Softwares Pvt Ltd etc. With this, the Placement Cell successfully conducted its grand event.